Route 66 Festival Returns to Kirkwood with Cars & Guitars on June 11
The City of Kirkwood will host its Route 66 Cars and Guitars Festival on June 11, 2022, in downtown Kirkwood.
The festival's theme of "Cars and Guitars" speaks to the rich transportation and music history of the region. Live music and vintage vehicles will anchor this outdoor event.
- Free Live music from six bands, on two outdoor stages (with staggered start times)
- A vintage car show
- A Beer Wagon, hosted by local service clubs, serving beer and wine
- Vendor booths
- Food and drink from downtown merchants and from area service clubs
- Carbs & Guitars - Morning Pancake Breakfast featuring Chris Cakes
Free Musical Entertainment on the Two Outdoor Stages (Schedule Coming Spring 2022)
- Dr. Zhivegas
- The Blue Sparks
- Black Magic: The Santana Experience
- Southside Creole Playboys
- Retro Boogie
We recommend attendees bring their own lawn chair for the musical performances.
Please No Skateboards, Coolers or Dogs.
Most of Downtown Kirkwood’s numerous stores, locally owned boutiques, and restaurants will be open during the event. Festival activities will be located on North Kirkwood Road and on the two blocks of Jefferson that intersect Kirkwood Road.
These two blocks of Jefferson, between N. Clay and N. Taylor Avenues, as well as Kirkwood Road between Argonne Drive and Adams Avenue, will be closed to vehicular traffic starting early in the morning on June 11.
Updates and announcements about the Festival will be posted on the City’s Website at www.Kirkwoodmo.org/CarsandGuitars and on the Festival’s Facebook page at: www.Facebook.com/KirkwoodMORoute66Festival.